Doge Palace

Doge Palace
Che Bella

The Beautiful Package

The Beautiful Package
Where's my Baba?

Genovese Pasteries

Genovese Pasteries
Little Explosions of Delight!

Musings on Tea and Travel

Welcome to my thoughts as I travel and taste tea.



Monday, April 19, 2010

Frejus

I stayed in the most beautiful hotel in Frejus. It is completely decorated in Provencal prints with a mellow green for most of the painted furniture and a yellow and burgundy print for fabric. While well appointed nothing is overdone. I was given a salon for writing all to myself. And, as it would happen, the night clerk provided me with a wonderful pot of Earl Grey while I wrote.

Strolling the village, we discovered the most incredible pattisseries. We began with an almond croissant that was filled with local honey. Then we tasted a mellow tart filled with wonderful cream. Around the next corner, we discovered another pattisserie. I tried the citreon tart. It really made me pucker but the merringue helped cut the citrus and it was a perfect compliment to my morning latte. Just across the road is a ChocolaThe shop which will have to wait for Wednesday. Up the hill is a tea purveyor that I can explore on Wednesday also.

The trouble is that most shops will not open on Sunday or Monday. This can be frustrating if you are only staying a few days, but luckily, we were able to book rooms by the sea for another three days.

Lunch was a beautiful light salmon quiche with another pot of Earl Grey. The quiche here is more cream than egg. It must be whipped for quite a while because it is much lighter than what you find in the States, except at the fairie building in San Francisco. The quiche there is about two inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment