Doge Palace

Doge Palace
Che Bella

The Beautiful Package

The Beautiful Package
Where's my Baba?

Genovese Pasteries

Genovese Pasteries
Little Explosions of Delight!

Musings on Tea and Travel

Welcome to my thoughts as I travel and taste tea.



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tea in Fontainbleau

Fontainbleu is a wonderful place to land, if you enjoy tea and shopping. Within walking distance of the palace, there are several tea purveyors. To my amazement all of them carry a Lapsang Souchong. However, they are very different in characteristic. The best one that I have smelled is in the little salon de The', Fre'deric Cassel. It is wonderfully spicy and smokey. The others I sampled were truly not full-bodied.

If you're looking for teapots and cups, Fontainbleu is abundant with them. All things decorative can be had there but I'm afraid the cost is exhorbatant compared with the States.

Now, we enter the subject of chocolate. Incredible'! There are numerous shops with wonderful windows. When you finally, choose a chocolate to purchase, the wrapping is so artistic and varied that one become's hesitant to unwrap the treasured morsel. Again, the most intriguing chocolate was in Fre'deric Cassel's Salon de The'. Most of the chocolate is made with a tea flavor. I am returning to have lunch and more chocolate later in the week. They gave me a sample of my Lapsang Souchong to take on the road.

Well, the clouds are gathering and it's time to head down the road to discover some cheese and bread in another village.

No comments:

Post a Comment